Banksys Handles Change with WAY4
Banksys is one of the largest processing centres in Europe, providing major Belgian banks with card, merchant and transaction processing services.
Established as the result of a merger between Bancontact and Mr Cash, Banksys has been in operation since the 1970s. Since December 2006 Banksys has been a part of Atos Origin, one of the main international players in information services.
Its major customers include ING, Dexia, Fortis, KBC and BCC Corporate.
The geographical centre of the European Union, Belgium has become the European home to a large number of international firms and organisations. In this fast-moving business hub, Belgium’s banks were eager to find a payment processor with the ability to handle their commercial card portfolios.
Commercial cards are designed to meet the needs of businesses; corporate cards for large organisations, business cards for small businesses, purchasing cards for companies making frequent small purchases and travel key/lodge cards provided by travel agents to frequent travellers.
Commercial cards offer many benefits to businesses, including the increased efficiency that comes with detailed reporting, savings from reduced accounting overheads and simplified VAT management and reimbursement.
Bank Card Company (BCC), wanted a new payment processing solutionfor Banksys that would provide:
- Deep integration with legacy systems
- Smooth data migration
- Excellent services
- Minimum time-to-market for new requirements
"We needed a system that would give us the flexibility and reliability to satisfy fast-changing market requirements," says Jan Jambon, General Manager BCC Corporate.
- OpenWay held a workshop and demonstration for BCC and Banksys in February/March 2001.
- Business analysis for purchasing cards was carried out in June 2001.
- By November, the purchasing card functionality was installed.
- In February 2002, the project team carried out a business analysis for commercial cards.
- Bank personnel were trained and all commercial cards migrated to WAY4 by September 2002.
- The system was fully operational in November 2002, delivered on time and on budget.
The project was completed successfully. The WAY4 solution for Banksys provides:
- Intelligent authorisation and unlimited billing hierarchy
- Cross-border issuing for the full range of commercial credit cards processed by Banksys (corporate, lodge, purchasing and business cards) plus efficient corporate policy control
- Purchase card acquiring
- Flexible fees and billing
- Enhanced data and invoice processing
- Direct debit interface (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg), Oracle Finance (GL), SAP
- Ad hoc corporate reporting
- VAT reporting
- Web reporting